Summary of Veterinary Usage of Amoxicillin
Nov. 12, 2020
Amoxicillin is one of the most commonly used drugs in aquaculture production. In aquaculture production, amoxicillin can be injected intramuscularly, drinkable and mixed with water, and has many advantages, such as large dosage, small side effects, good effect, and low price. It is very popular among farmers. However, we have also found improper use in the front line. At present, the Amoxicillin Manufacturer has summarized the dosage and usage of amoxicillin as follows, which is believed to be helpful to the breeding production.
Amoxicillin is often used in the following aspects
1. The early infection effect of Streptococcus suis, Pasteurella, Haemophilus parasuis and Staphylococcus suis is obvious.
2. Treatment of piglet yellow and white scour and erysipelas.
3. Used for systemic infection of sows and anti-inflammatory after delivery.
4. Avian Escherichia coli, tuberitis.
Calculation of the dosage of amoxicillin powder
Assuming that the oral dose of amoxicillin is 6 mg/kg body weight, the weight of pigs is 50 kg, and the daily feed intake is 3 kg, then: amoxicillin dosage=6*50=300 mg mixed feeding ratio=300 mg/3 kg=100 ppm, that is Add 100 grams of pure amoxicillin per ton of feed.
At present, amoxicillin preparations are generally 10% powder, so 1 kg of 10% amoxicillin should be used per ton of feed to prevent general bacterial diseases. This is also the recommended dose of many veterinary drug companies.
The above calculation is the calculation of the amount of growing pigs. For sows, it should be adjusted to 2-3 kg/ton feed for the best effect.
Adding amoxicillin to feed has two advantages
1. Less labor can be used to treat a large number of livestock and poultry. It is very time-consuming to use drugs to treat large groups of animals, and mixing drugs in feed is a very suitable way.
2. Consistency. If a treatment needs to last several days, adding the drug to the feed will reduce the probability of missing some animals.
1. Some advantages of drinking water are similar to those of mixing materials:
(1) Treat a large number of pigs. Drinking water treatment can treat a large number of pigs at one time with less labor, but it is necessary to pay attention to timely and more accurate drug administration.
(2) Targeted treatment. You can use a pig house as a unit, or even different fences in the same house for targeted treatment. In addition, the treatment time can be carried out according to needs, unlike the mixing and administration, the animal administration period lasts until the tank is empty.
(3) Follow-up treatment. Amoxicillin dissolved in water and administered is a very effective follow-up treatment measure, which is particularly important when a disease breaks out. Timely treatment dose (using injection dose) dissolved in water and administered can maintain the concentration of the drug in the blood of the pig at a good level, and it can last for several days.
2. There are some shortcomings of drinking water administration, including:
(1) Consistency of dosage and treatment. Generally speaking, the uniformity of drinking water dosing is not as good as that of mixing, but it can be improved by improving equipment and training.
(2) Low pH. Some pig farms have low pH or use acidulants. The solubility of amoxicillin in acidic water will be affected. According to a study, it will react with citric acid to form a white precipitate or crystal.
(3) Drinking water. The health of pigs also affects water consumption. In addition, there is evidence that diarrhea caused by E. coli on the first day of drinking water administration reduces the absorption of amoxicillin.
(4) Choose the best method: In the early stage of pig production, some important pathogens are bacteria, which can be treated with amoxicillin. Like most antibiotic treatments, many factors need to be considered when deciding which medication to use. Every pig farm and every situation must consider which dosage method is more appropriate.
Combination of amoxicillin and carbopirin calcium can delay absorption and excretion from the kidneys, thereby improving the efficacy to a certain extent. But if it stays in the stomach for a long time, stomach acid may destroy part of the medicine. Taken together, the use of high-quality and stable amoxicillin preparations is a more sensible choice. Combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid can improve the efficacy and enhance the effect.
Although amoxicillin is a good medicine, you still need to be very careful when using it. Choose different methods of use according to the different conditions of pigs to best play the efficacy of amoxicillin.
It is generally better to administer amoxicillin in drinking water for no more than 3 hours. If the administration time is too long, the efficacy will be reduced or ineffective! Practical experience in the use of amoxicillin in aquaculture production shows that no matter which method of use, you need to pay attention to details To be successful.