The Use of Oxytetracycline in Pig Raising
Jul. 20, 2020
Oxytetracycline was used a lot in the past, but it was found that many people didn't use it. It didn't solve the problem after spending money, or the effect was not good. Today the veterinary medicine manufacturers will talk to you about how I use oxytetracycline and share the following experience:
Oxytetracycline is a light yellow or sugar-coated tablet, belonging to the tetracycline class, and can be used to treat rickettsial diseases, including epidemic typhus, endemic typhus, Rocky Mountain fever, tsutsugamushi and Q fever, and mycoplasma infection And chlamydia infections and other diseases.
Oxytetracycline is more effective against Staphylococcus aureus, pneumococcus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, meningococcus, Escherichia coli, Aerobacter, Shigella, Yersinia, Listeria monocytogenes, etc. Strong antibacterial activity; in addition, oxytetracycline also has a strong effect on rickettsia, mycoplasma, chlamydia, actinomycetes, etc.
This product has a broad-spectrum antibacterial effect, and has a certain inhibitory effect on sensitive bacteria including pneumococcus, streptococcus, some Staphylococcus, Bacillus anthracis, Bacillus tetanus, Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae, Chlamydia, and spirochetes.
1. The piglet is used for health care. This is the most used, and the prevention is relatively wide. For example, prevention of peritoneum, para pigs in the respiratory tract, and piglet diarrhea have a certain effect; if simple streptococcal para pigs are possible It is not as good as cephalosporin, but it has a wider scope; in addition, pigs do not need health care if there is no problem, so oxytetracycline is used when the pig farm is more troublesome;
2. Oxytetracycline is the first choice for the treatment of perierythodes, especially piglets and pregnant sows, and the effect is also good;
3. Oxytetracycline and lincomycin are also the first choice when young pigs have asthma.
4. When chlamydia, porcine conjunctivitis, or sow chlamydia cause diarrhea or high mortality from various diseases, the placenta of chlamydia sows is likely to be the same as pearls, and the control effect of oxytetracycline is better; conjunctivitis oxytetracycline Drug-like injections or tetracycline eye drops are more effective;
5. For purulent pigs, such as on the neck or other places, the effect of using oxytetracycline will be better. Actinomycetes are not sensitive to other antibiotics;
In fact, for many diseases, such as uncommon diseases such as Leptospira, oxytetracycline is used more because of its wide antibacterial spectrum. In addition, oxytetracycline is less harmful to pigs, so piglets or pregnant sows use oxytetracycline; If you can make good use of oxytetracycline, I believe that pig diseases will be better treated and the cost will be lower.